Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Azul has been adopted



Yet another loooooong-term shelter resident is packing his bags.

Azul has moved on to a good home, he will be missed at the shelter but after ten months in a kennel I don't think he is too sorry to go!

We might still see Azul at BAD RAP class, his new owners are planning on trying to bring him so he can continue his training. It's unlikely they will be able to replicate my fierce demanding approach, which makes Sgt Hartman from Full Metal Jacket seem like a teddy bear.


As a matter of fact, look at this outrageous update I just received from Peg and Claudia, his adopters:

"We have just brought Azul home, after a stroll at the Berkeley Marina. He's happily lying on his comforter, chewing on a Nylabone, on a tie down with us in the dining room."

What! Going soft on Private Azul already???? Get that dog doing some left hand turns and down-stays, on the double. HUP HUP HUP!!!



Good luck Azul! Don't be a stranger!



As for me, some other unlucky dog better be ready to get with the program. Martino? Faye? Guero? Radar? MOVE IT MOVE IT MOVE IT!!!

13 comments:

Rob said...

Huzzah! Good job Joel, I'm sure your Bad Rap time with Azul was key.

Anonymous said...

You should take Faye, she really needs the training. Great job on training Azul, I'm sure you made him much more adoptable =)

Lisa G. said...

Such great news for such a handsome boy. Joel, you deserve gold stars for the amazing leash-biting rehab program alone! I think I hear Bella calling your name. . .

Joel said...

Bella was in class last week so she might have a regular hookup.

I think Faye or Radar might be the next victim.

Maureen said...

I saw his empty kennel this evening... tear of joy!

Asia said...

gosh, I still remember the first day he came in with the chains around his neck. He looked so lonely. Thank god he's been adopted! I'm so happy for him! he deserves the best!

Anonymous said...

So happy for him. He has two really great owners. Luv you coolie

Anonymous said...

Woops typo, love you zoolie, Kelley

Floatingclouds said...

Thank you BACS volunteers for all of your efforts. So glad the pretty boy went home.

Karen said...

Congrats, Joel: This is wonderful news!

Pam said...

Good work, Joel. No doubt your efforts trying to emulate Sgt Hartman paid off!

Anonymous said...

I remember when he was an orange dot, and when he became a red dot (when we sorta gave up walking him) and now I get to see him adopted! Yayyy!

a.j. T said...

So happy! I strongly considered Azul when I adopted from the shelter in Jan! I choose a dog named Jango instead. I am so glad Azul got a home. He is very nice! My dog Jango is such a squishy, silly, mellow boy and has been renamed Peanut - frequently called Nutter Butter.