Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wuchi's first walk!






It's been three and a half long months, but today was the day: Wuchi's first walk!

For the first few moments outside, Wuchi looked so confused.

Why is it so quiet?
Why is there grass?
What is that SMELL?

The majority of Wuchi's walk was spent with her nose on the ground. I'll be the first to admit that if I hadn't been outside in over 3.5 months, I'd probably sniff everything, too. When Wuchi wasn't focused on the new and exciting smells outside of the shelter, she became the fun, playful, affectionate dog that she was when she first walked through the shelter doors.

We played fetch in the play area and took a long, relaxing walk through the park. On our way back we stopped for a rest in the grass where Wuchi rolled to her heart's content.

I'm so glad that I had the chance to share a walk with her.

1 comment:

Pam said...

YAY!!!! At last. Happy girl!